Watch what they had to say here
Here’s a summary of why both Meeks and Lesko make this claim.
Thoughts from Lesko:
- There’s no reason financial markets can’t appreciate at a 10% annualized rate– particularly with increased productivity.
- Expect single-digit earnings growth through the end of the year.
- Current geopolitical headwinds may accelerate this timeline
- The S&P will 2500 in mid 2018
Thoughts from Meeks:
- Strong corporate earnings and clarity on the Fed’s next move will push the S&P to the mark
- The resolution of budget stress at the end of this month will ease tensions and help push it to 2500
- The S&P 500 could hit 2500 by year-end